Hotlines & Links
- National Child Abuse Hotline:
1-800-422-4453 (4 A CHILD) Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For help or questions about child abuse or child neglect, call the hotline, then push 1 to talk to a counselor.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
1-800-273-TALK (8255) If you, or someone you know, is having thoughts of suicide, call to be connected to an available local certified crisis center. Available 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline:
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates available to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- National Hotline to Report a Missing Child
(Natl. Center for Missing & Exploited Children):
Report any information regarding a missing child to NCMEC®s Call Center. Operators are available 24-hours a day to receive sightings.
- National Runaway Safeline:
1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or Text 66008
Call if you are a teenager who is thinking of running from home, if you have a friend who has run and is looking for help, or if you are a runaway ready to go home.
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center:
1-888-373-7888, 24 hours a day/7 days a week
Text "HELP" or "INFO" to 233733 (BeFree), Hours of Operation: 3:00pm - 11:00pm EST
For Sexual Abuse Survivors:
- RAINN: Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network - The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization. Carries out youth-friendly programs to help victims and ensure rapists are brought to justice.
- National Sex Offender Public Registry - Provided as a public service by the United States Department of Justice.
- Child Welfare League of America - Association of public and private nonprofit agencies that assist more than 3.5 million abused and neglected children and their families each year with a range of services.
- USDOJ: Office of Justice Programs - Partnerships for safer communities.
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Dedicated to the health of all children.
- NetLingo.com - Houses thousands of definitions that easily explain the Internet and the online world of business, technology, and communication.
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - (NCMEC) Helps find missing children and assist victims of child abduction and sexual exploitation, their families, and the professionals who serve them.
- CodeAmber.org - The Web's Amber Alert System
A special thanks to Anne Smith, Sexual Violence Specialist with the Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence for her assistance in compiling part of this information.