The Think First & Stay Safe™ Youth Curriculum (with Adult Training Modules) includes Lesson Plans, Class Activities and Resources for PreK-K, Grades 1-2 and Grades 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Program Specifics for PreK-K and Grades 1-2: Seven (7) short Lessons are taught in Grades PreK-K, and (7) Lessons are taught in Grades 1-2. Corresponding PowerPoint Presentations provide visual concept connections. A Student Handout accompanies each lesson and is sent home to encourage home reinforcement and family discussions.
Grades PreK-K Lessons cover: Staying Healthy & Safe, Kindness, Trusted Adults, Rules & Laws, Secrets, Grown-ups who can help, Child Luring, Abuse is Never a Child’s Fault.
Grades 1-2 Lessons cover: Staying Healthy and Safe, Kindness & Respect, Trusted Adults, Rules & Laws, My Body Belongs to Me, Secrets, Instincts, Child Luring, Choosing Grown-ups to Help, Children are Special, Abuse is Never a Child’s Fault.
A Trusted & Time-Tested Safety Education Solution
Child Lures Prevention is proud to reach millions of students via our partners, including:
- 7000+ Schools & Districts in 43 States
- 475 Faith-Based Organizations in 30 States
- 160 Civic Groups in 26 States
- 100+ Law Enforcement Agencies in 37 States
- 50 Hospitals in 22 States
- 46 Military Bases in 20 States & 6 Foreign Countries
- 40 Child Advocacy Centers
- 29 Government Agencies in 21 States
“Outstanding program! The lesson plans are perfectly geared toward the age groups of the kids. They actually enjoy the sessions, and the parents always come up to me afterwards to comment on how great the program is. Thank you!”
– Ken Morrison,
St. Dunstan’s Roman Catholic Church; Glastonbury, CT
Program Specifics for PreK-K and Grades 1-2
Lesson Plans for PreK-K and Grades 1-2
The PreK-K Presenter's Guide contains seven (7) scripted Lesson Plans.
The Grades 1-2 Presenter's Guide also contains seven (7) scripted Lesson Plans.
These grade-specific Lesson Plans are presented incrementally to build knowledge and understanding and to reinforce safety messages. Each Lesson Plan includes an introduction with learning objectives, a quick review of the previous lesson, discussion and interactive classroom activities, a Student Handout for take-home, lesson recap and positive thinking skill.
Lesson Plans for PreK-K:
1. Think First & Stay Safe: Using My Built-in Computer
2. People are Like the Weather: Being Kind to Others
3. Telling My Trusted Adults: Child Luring
4. My Body Belongs to Me: Laws Help Protect Me
5. All Secrets Can Be Told: The Siren in My Belly
6. The Kindness of People: Grown-ups Who Can Help Me
7. I am Special: Being Abused is Never a Child's Fault
Lesson Plans for Grades 1-2:
1. Training My Brain to Think First & Stay Safe
2. Sunny People & Stormy Behaviors: Being Kind and Respectful
3. Child Luring: Telling My Trusted Adults
4. Laws Help Protect Me: My Body Belongs to Me
5. All Secrets Can Be Told: Listening to the Siren in My Belly
6. The Kindness of People: Choosing Grown-ups to Help Me
7.My Dignity: Bullying and Abuse are Not My Fault
These Cornerstone Lessons form the foundation of personal safety education and contain the essentials of awareness, assertiveness, preparedness, asking for help and disclosure for young learners.
- Master personal safety skills, as relates to State and National Health Education Standards
- Increase Self-reliance
- Raise self-esteem
- Understand most people are safe
- Asking for help
Grade Level: PreK-K and 1 - 2
- Introduction/Quick Review
- Learning Objectives
- Discussion/Interactive Learning/(PowerPoint Presentation optional)
- Classroom Activity, age appropriate
- Student Handout for class use and take-home
- Lesson Recap
Evaluating Your Program (Pre/Post Tests Included)
A Pre and Post Student Evaluation is provided to formally gauge student progress and retention of the Think First & Stay Safe™ concepts and prevention strategies. Prior to program presentation, the Student Evaluation can be administered as at Pre-Test. It can also be administered following completion of the program as a Post-Test.
The evaluation may be administered verbally or in writing, depending on students' abilities. The Student Evaluation questions are also included in the corresponding PowerPoint Presentations for PreK-K and Grades 1-2, to be shown and read aloud to students.
(7) Educator Training Modules are included with the Think First & Stay Safe™ curriculum kit.
The Educational Goals are:
- To establish an understanding that the vast majority of people are decent, caring individuals who are protective of children.
- To assure students that bullying, sexual abuse and harassment are against the law, and that laws exist to protect their safety.
- To advise students that they have rights too, including a right to live free of abuse.
- To encourage students to rely on a combination of skills learned, critical thinking and instincts to help ensure their personal safety.
- To nurture each youngster's sense of individual worth and urge them to recognize and respect the worth of others.
- To promote disclosure of any type of threat to a youngster's safety.
- To assure youngsters with thoughts of abusing others that help is available.
- To reduce the feelings of guilt and blame often felt by children who are bullied or abused.
- To encourage parents to take an active role in the personal safety education of their children.
- To strive for kinder, more tolerant thoughts and actions, in an effort to lower the incidence of all forms of aggressive behavior.